State of The Art Facilities
We have well equipped facilities to ensure an all round development of our students
Gray’s College sporting excellence is nationally recognised. Our sporting record remains unparalleled in one of the most prestigious soccer competitions billed for all Nigerian Secondary Schools, organised by Shell Petroleum Company Limited. The College remains the only educational institution in Nigeria whose vibrant soccer team have emerged national champions and finalists consecutively in the history of the competition.
The College has also in the past supplied players for Nigeria’s Under-17 Golden Eagles and Flying Eagles. Two of the most notable being Isaac Promise and Ambrose Vandezekein
As you might expect, the College offers an enormous range of first class sporting facilities which can be enjoyed by both staff and students.
Amongst these are:
- Three mini soccer stadiums and mini pitches
- A gymnasium, health fitness and relaxation centre
- 25m swimming pool approved by the Nigerian Swimming Federation (NSF)
- Basketball courts
- Volleyball courts
- Badminton courts
- Olympic sized tennis courts
- Aerobic studio for fitness classes
- A unique stretch of 10m rocks for leisure climbing and relaxation (Kaduna)
- Table tennis & Tackwando
- Long jump pits
Plans are currently in the pipeline to introduce horse riding and an indoor sports auditorium.
Well equipped IT facilities that let the students explore
Studies in Computer Science at the school was pioneered and sustained by Computer Science students of Yaba College of Technology, Lagos during their one year industrial attachment programme.
Notable among these are: Femi Okanlawon, John Nwagwu, Andrew Dagun, Julius Akiode (RIP) and Charles Ogunde
During the 1997/98 school year, Mr. Guy Maxwell Blair, (a Voluntary Service Officer from the UK attached to the College) secured a generous donation of computer hardware from his former school, Peers School, Oxford, UK which were installed in a purpose built Information Centre, commissioned in May 1998, and named after Ibukun Odusote, Former Head, Computer Science Department, Yaba College of Technology, Lagos.
At present, in efforts to catch up with the latest development in the information super high way a new information technology laboratory was commissioned in the first quarter of the millennium. The College now has access to the world wide web via satellite in both the Kaduna and Osun State campuses.
On February 20, 2006, a project aimed at increasing students’ affinity for the English Language and Literature amongst other things, was introduced. This project has today become known as Radio Gray’s 11.28FM Stereo, an on-campus radio broadcasting station for students and run by students. Aims and objectives of this initiative include:
- To bring out the creative talent amongst majority of our students through on air competition and performances geared toward enlightenment and cultural appreciation.
- To create a better awareness of the need to exist in peace and harmony with fellow members of the community, particularly with the use of effective dialogue and symposia
- To engender maturity and diligence amongst the students and finally
- To encourage greater cordial relations between staff and students (through on air interviews with staff, chat shows etc.)